FR09 Anti-static Fire Resistant Balaclava – Portwest 9oz. Modaflame Knit, UPF50+, Retains Shape, Breathable, Permanent FR & Anti-static
Bulk Discount Pricing:
- 9oz. Modaflame Knit
- FR properties NEVER diminish
- Soft like a non-fr balaclava
- Retains shape
Submit a request for bulk discount rates. Use this for large quantity orders that exceed the page quantity price breaks. Quotes are typically processed within 1 business day.Free Bulk Quote
You may also like…
79895 Fargo Fire Resistant Beanie – Helly Hansen Anti-static, Moisture Wicking, Flatlock Seams, Abrasion Resistant, ARC2$36.00
79893 Fargo Fire Resistant Neck Gaiter – Helly Hansen Anti-static, Moisture Wicking, Flatlock Seams, Abrasion Resistant, ARC2$36.00
79892 Unisex Fargo Fire Resistant Balaclava – Helly Hansen Anti-static, Moisture Wicking, Flatlock Seams, Ribbed Face, ARC2$38.00
RWL22SE – 3-in-1 Self Extinguishing Balaclava, Nordic Blaze – Radians$14.60
The FR09 is constructed from “Modaflame Knit” an inherently fire resistant material that NEVER diminishes.
This 9oz FR fabric is 60% modacrylic, 39% cotton & 1% carbon fiber. The modacrylic fibers are naturally resistant to flame, this material is very strong and durable. The cotton allows the fabric to remain both soft and breathable while remaining fire resistant. The carbon fiber makes the balaclava anti-static.
9oz Modaflame Knit (60% Modacrylic / 39% Cotton / 1% Carbon Fiber)
- 60% Modacrylic – These fibers are difficult to ignite and do not combust. Material will self-extinguish
- 39% Cotton – Provides the fabric with softness, flexibility and allows the garment to breathe to prevent sweat
- 1% Carbon Fiber – Makes the fabric anti-static
- FR properties will NEVER diminish or wash away
- Modacrylics are soft, strong, resilient and dimensionally stable
- Modacrylics are easily dyed, retain shape and are quick to dry
Fire Resistant Properties
- ARC2 – Individual must wear an arc rated FR shirt, and FR pants, or FR Coverall with an arc rating of of at least 8 cal/cm²
- Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV): 16 cal/cm²
- HAF: 86%
- ASTM F1959/F1959M-12
- EN ISO 11612 (A1+A2. B1. C1. F1)
- Do not boil, bleach or tumble dry
- Do not use soap or soap powder or bleach
- Use detergents
- Machine wash warm
- Line dry
- Do not dry clean
- Re-shape while damp
The ASTM F1959/F1959M-12 standard is a test method designed for determining the ARC rating of materials for Clothing.
This testing method is often used in close conjunction with NFPA 70E for classifying PPE.
EN 1149 -5
The EN 1149-5 Safety Standard specifically tests the ability of a fabric to protect the wearer against the danger of static electricity.
This product MEETS the performance requirements set by the EN 1149-5 standard. This product is fully capable to protect the wearer against the danger posed by static electricity.
EN ISO 11612 (A1. B1. C1. F1)
The EN ISO 11612 standard is used to test a garments ability to limit fire spread, and protect against exposed, radiant, convective or contact heat as well as molten metal splashes.
The Alphanumeric codes follow the EN ISO 11612 designates the fabric’s grade in a specified test.
A1 – This garment passes the Limited Flame Spread test for Surface Ignition.
B1 – This garment can withstand exposure to extreme convective heat for 4-10 seconds before rising above 24°C
C1 – This garment can withstand exposure to extreme radiant heat for 7-20 seconds before rising above 24°C
F1 – This garment can withstand exposure to contact heat for 5-10 seconds before rising above 24°C
|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 4 in|
|Weave / Finish||Knit|